Monday, June 14, 2010

Backtracking

This is a blog post from somebody else's blog. I copied and pasted it because I am sure that the person wont mind. The reason for doing so is that I felt that it was so filled with emotion and so touching!


“Listen, I have to tell you something.”
And then…Silence.
Silence screeches out a thousand words sometimes…if only you open up your heart and truly listen…
The silence said it all…I knew everything before it was said. I heard the tears quietly fall down burning cheeks, gently stop on a trembling lip and then make their way in to oblivion. I heard gasps that were trying so hard to not make themselves heard. I heard the blinking of solitary eyes trying in vain to see through the envelope of hurt.
I heard…that this was the end.
The end of the best thing that had ever happened to two people…the end of a friendship that was supposed to last forever.
“You say best, when you say nothing at all.”
And then we spoke… “For the last time.” Two people, who spoke every single day more than thrice, two people who talked through the night in hushed whispers watching the wake of dawn together, two people who shared every fleeting thought with each other, two people who talked about life, about love, about other people, about deserts, about the sky, about colours, about truth, about insecurities, about glories, about the future, about their friendship…those two people, spoke for the last time. And they were at a loss of words.

Dearest friend,
I hope you heard what I didn’t say. You are the bestest friend one could have and you will always have my love with all my heart. Thank you for everything.
Your best friend…

And that was it. We finally got out the word we feared so much…
We said bye…one last time…and then there was a click.Good bye dearest friend. Take good care.

No comments:

Post a Comment